Friday, April 30, 2010

my country-lovin' boys



There is little that I have genetically contributed to my boys... they are all "Daddy" in so many ways, but I am excited to say that a love for the great outdoors and wide open spaces is certainly a passion they share with me. I am not a city girl. When they heard this song- they LOVED it and wanted me to teach them all the words. We used youtube to help us out with lyrics, and the boys became fascinated with all the "way cool" tractors in this video. Such boys. So, we gregariously sing this song now... which is quite applicable for a family whose roots started in LA county where Jimmy and I began our married life together, now transplanted way out to the Midwest for a different kind of life. :O)

2 comments:

Gretchen said...

That's too funny. I was just telling my sister-in-law that despite being a completely suburban family, Calvin LOVES tractors. And of the few words he can say "tacter"is one of them. I'll have to play him this video when he wakes up. Thanks Terra! :)

Peggy said...

Oh you and your boys have such great taste! I love this - the song, the thought behind it, the country, the greenness.....yes, it's good to be a country girl. :)