Tuesday, October 16, 2007

From the mouths of babes

On Sunday morning Kylee was singing away about Jesus taking us up to heaven. Colson remarks, "Jesus takes us to heaven!" And Kylee agrees, "Yep, we're going to heaven!" All of a sudden Kaden bursts out in tears and I ask him what is wrong. "I don't want to go to heaven, I want to go to church!"

Kylee asks frequently when Jesus is coming back for us and I told her we never know when he is coming back - that it will be a big surprise. "Well," she thought for a moment, "I think it will be in 21 days!"

We have friends whose baby just had open heart surgery and we were taking them a meal. The kids were being so patient as I was driving around to different cities picking up other meals that had been prepared for them throughout the week. I told them how much I appreciated their good attitudes while we did this and how happy it makes God when we help one another. "When I get to heaven, Mom, I'm going to ask Him if He's proud of me for bringing the Hagemeiers a meal."

There was a song we were listening to that was a Daddy singing about his little girl getting married. The chorus goes, "I loved her first, I held her first, there's a part of my heart that will always be hers." As we drove in the car Kylee asked, "Mommy, did Jesus love me and hold me first?"

Colson was playing with puzzle pieces and held one up to me. "This is Jesus!" he stated, and sure enough it was a Jesus puzzle. "Kylee have him in her heart, Mommy." "That's right, Cole, and do you have Jesus in your heart?" I asked, wanting to see how he'd answer. "Not yet," he started, "but some day."

"Mom, will you read this to me?" Kaden asked as he pulled out a princess book from Ky's room. "Kaden, let's read about something besides princesses - you're a boy, you're not supposed to like princesses." I tried convincing him. "Mommy," he said, "All the princesses have boobs!" Oh my!!

I was babysitting my friend's 4 month old baby and my boys were being so gentle and sweet with him. I told them both that they would someday make great daddies. "Yeah, when I grow up I want to be a daddy!" Cole responded.

Kylee has become really close friends to a boy in her class and was talking about him one afternoon. "He's so very kind, Mommy, and he's a little handsome too. But I'm still going to marry Connor!" Kaden piped right in, "When I grow up I going to get married too!" "You are?" I asked surprised, as this was the first time I'd heard my boys talk about getting married. "To whom?" I continued. Colson's answer warmed my heart, "When I grow up I going to marry you, Mommy, that will make you happy. I like to make you happy."

4 comments:

jenny said...

Oh my word, Terra! Those are hilarious! I especially love the princess book one and the last one. Aren't your children precious? I was talking on the phone with Suzie today, as today is Charlotte's 1st birthday, and she was telling me what she got Charlotte. She said, "I got her a pretty dolly! She's a girl. Look it! Isn't she pretty??" She always talks to me on the phone as if I were right there... always telling me to look. I love it! They are too precious!

Terra said...

Thank you, Jenny. Your nieces always sound/look so adorable and I wish we were closer so that I could know them more! I have also been praying for you and all your transitions... I am grateful Hazel has been found!!

Also, my sister and her family just moved to Oklahoma for linguistics training with New Tribes last week as well - they're in Tahlequah. Is that at all close to you?

love,
Terra

Kristi Smith said...

I sure love hearing the amazing things your kids say! It's obvious that a passion for Jesus is a natural part of your family life! What an awesome environment for your children. :-) Thanks for making me smile and warming my heart with the stories.

Kate said...

Those are priceless! It's great that you're writing them down. Goodness, I wish I could be near those darlings of yours.