
Lately, my little Kylee has been very sweet and nurturing. I have been deeply touched by her thoughtfulness and acts of kindness and she states it's because she has Jesus living in her now. Even though she's just 4, I can see evidence that asking Jesus to be the Lord of her life has made a difference in her! What an encouragement! I can also see how she could be a great mommy some day!!
Last month I was sick with a bad cold. Some of her many comments during that time were:
"Mommy, let me pray for you, ok?"
"Mommy, let me put you to bed. You need rest."
"Ok, Mommy. Now it's your bedtime. This is so you can relax," she said, bringing me a Bible to read and then scratching my back.
"Why are you going to WORK, Mom? You're sick!!"
"Can I get a glass of water for you because you're not feeling well."

Some other recent sayings:
"Can I push you in the swing, Mommy? No one ever pushes you!"
"Mom- we have the best Daddy in the whole wide world and God gave him just to us! Can you believe it?"
When Jim asked Kylee to pick up her things outside, she responded, "Sure Daddy, I'd love to!"
I asked Kylee why she was so sweet and she said, "Maybe because as I grew up you taught me all about it!"
As she descended the stairs after her nap she urgently said, "Mommy, Mommy! I have something to tell you!!! I love you!"
I had told Kaden he needed to change his attitude and stop crying. Kylee looked at me and very gently said, "Mommy, sometimes when you're crying hard it's hard to stop just like that."
Jim was telling Kylee that when the boys were older he was going to teach them to mow our lawn so that they could take over and do it all the time. Kylee responded, "Except, Daddy, you can't keep them here forever!"
We had gone on a nature walk and collected a bunch of glorious leaves, branches, berries and such. The kids put them in a glass vase as a center piece, and I found Kylee that night spending a little extra time on the decoration, hanging the berries from a corn stalk branch. "Mommy, this is the fruit of the spirit tree, so that when you get mad at me you can just look at these berries and remember to be loving and kind and good and gentle, OK?"

Kylee's fruit of the Spirit tree
5 comments:
Oh Terra... you are such a good mother! I love these blogs of yours. The comments are just precious! I hope my children have that sweet spirit of Jesus in them too! I hope I have that sweet spirit!
Oh my! I want to be like you and I want my girls to be like Kylee. What a testimony this is! Thanks for sharing!
Isn't it awesome to see God working in her heart?! What a blessing. :-)
Terra, what beautiful expressions of the "joy of the Lord" coming from Kylee. I whole heartedly agree with Jenny and Kate, you're an amazing mother and the Lord must be so pleased with your parenting efforts. Keep up the great job!!
Lots of love from a proud Mom/Grammy
Thank you all for your encouragement, but I hope I have not led you to believe that I am always a great mom! If there is anything good in the way I love and parent my kiddos, it is from God (Kate - you are an exceptional mother yourself with your little girls!!). However, I know that I take control far too often and have therefore made many mistakes as a mommy. I am just grateful that God continues to use me in their lives!
Post a Comment