Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Sick Day!!

Today I got the first call from Kylee's school saying that she was in the health room with a 102 temperature. Oh my! I felt awful, and jumped in the car to race to her school and get her. She was supposed to have her first school party today to celebrate fall and when she saw me she had tears in her eyes and said, "I just wanted to go the party, then I had to get a temperature!" We wiped her tears, dropped off the snacks I was bringing for the party (the teacher promised she'd save treats for Kylee), and then returned home where she crashed on the couch. About that time I noticed Kaden wasn't looking so good himself and discovered he, too, had a high fever. So, he crashed on the couch also. Colson was my only one feeling well, but thought the attention his brother and sister were getting were pretty neat, so he grabbed a blanket and I cuddled him up on the couch as well. I thought it would be a hard day, but I have been surprised by the kids. I wish I could have attitudes as good as theirs when I'm not feeling well!


Kylee made me laugh today when she said, "Mom, my eyeballs are hot! And even my breath is hot - do you want to feel?" And when the kids got hungry I took their orders and started to prepare lunch, but Ky couldn't help herself and came into the kitchen asking, "Mommy, is there anything that I can help you with?" Later as I was making dinner, Kylee noticed the crumbly mess on the floor and I told her I was just going to leave it be until after dinner. "I'll get it for you, Mommy, I'll help you sweep!" I tried to convince her to just rest, but she responded, "Oh no, Mommy, I'd like to help you while you make dinner." She then went on to sweep up the mess on the dining room floor.


Kaden was devastated that Ky didn't get to make her first party and came up to her and asked, "Sis, you sad you not go to your party at school?" Ky nodded. "Oh, that so sad to me. I sorry Kylee. Some day you go. Some day."


Colson didn't last on the couch too long, though his siblings were there for most of the day. He spent a little bit of time down in the basement and then came upstairs with a couple plates full of pretend food, which he served to each of us. He made sure he got extra coffee for me. That boy knows me well! :O)

1 comment:

Kristi Smith said...

I love the tender compassion that your kids show for one another and for you!