The other night Colson woke up crying out for me. I went into his room, cuddled up to him on his bed and stroked his hair whispering, "Mommy's here, mommy's here." I don't know what it was that caused him to yell out, but I do know that as soon as he knew I was there he was immediately calm. I began to wonder what it was about having me there that suddenly made him calm, quiet and able to rest again. And then I thought about the many times in my own life when I have called out to my Heavenly Father. Immediately, in those times, I knew He was there, caring for me, demonstrating His love and faithfulness in my life, giving me security and allowing me to rest in His comfort and His peace. Suddenly, I understood what my young son must have felt. In his fear and desperation he cried out, and immediately he had someone there to wrap him in her arms and love him without end. Thank you, Father, for loving me in this way so that my children can experience Your love through me.
"His ears are attentive to our cries." Psalm 34:15
Monday, October 8, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment