Friday, September 19, 2008

Enjoying the outdoors



With the summer humidity lifted, it has been wonderful to be outdoors to enjoy the cooler, crisper, slightly breezier fresh air!! We simply cannot get enough!


One Sunday afternoon we took the kids to the driving range for the first time.
They loved it! Kaden, staying true to his personality, just whacked away any which way. Colson, also in character, was careful and meticulous as he swung the club. Kylee, truly an independent firstborn, stated, "I already know how to do this!" Oh my!


Jimmy helping Cole with his swing


I believe my adventurous Kylee favors inclement weather over "nice" weather. She must get that from me! She loves to drive with the windows down, especially when the skies are dark with clouds and the wind is howling. Also, any time it rains, she asks to go outside and go on a rain walk. The boys love to join in and splash in the mud puddles. It's so fun!



Another favorite fall activity for the boys and I (while Ky's at school) is taking walks together. I pack the baby in the infant carrier and the boys usually hop on their bikes and ride along. We are thoroughly enjoying the changing colors and falling leaves that surround us!!



Cole "raking" the leaves with a pine branch.






Colson the tree-hugger


Kaden the leaf piler


My biker boys


Cole's picture of the backyard

No comments: