Colson has fallen in love. It all started back in April when we attended a wedding. I asked the kids how they enjoyed their time and Cole stated his favorite part was Sophie. He thought she was beautiful and pretty amazing and decided at that point that he was going to marry her. Now Colson is one focused little guy, so his devotion to Sophie has not wavered. At one point we had Sophie and her big brother over to play and Colson came with me to buy treats for our time with them. "We must buy pink cupcakes," he stated, "because I fink Sophie likes pink!" We bought the pink cupcakes. "I fink we should buy her a wedding dress wif pink too, Mommy!" He loves to plan ahead! We did not buy a pink wedding dress, but we still enjoyed our time with Sophie and her family. Cole sat as close to her as he could.
During our meal times, I often ask the kids to name one thing that they are particularly thankful to God for in their lives. Colson doesn't have to think twice, "Only Sophie," he states so matter-of-fact. He's already planned for them to be married at 16, to live in Oregon and to have 4 children. I've explained to him that he must first ask Sophie's daddy if he would allow Cole to marry her. The very next time we saw Mr. Lohnes, Colson went right up to him. But instead of asking, he stated, "Mr. Lohnes, I'm going to marry Sophie!"
He has been most disappointed that her birthday came before his and took her out of the 3's room, where they first found love. However, Colson makes sure that he finds her every Wednesday night at AWANA Cubbies and gives her a huge hug.
Last Sunday morning as the boys were eating breakfast, they were having a hard time being kind. I reminded them that our family is where we learn to love and if we can't love one another then we can't learn to go out and love others. Kaden suddenly piped up with something I never expected to hear my 3 year old son say, "Yeah, Colson, then you wouldn't get to take Sophie on a date!"
This was obviously something Colson has thought a lot about because he immediately responded, "Yes I will! Cuz we're gonna go bowling, and I fink we're both gonna get a strike and Sophie will say, 'Yeah! Yeah, Cole!' Then my gonna take her fishing on a boat to catch lots of fish too!"
A bit later at church, Colson came out of his classroom holding this drawing and stating, "This is me and Sophie on a date! Where is she? My gotta go find her and give this to her!"
During our meal times, I often ask the kids to name one thing that they are particularly thankful to God for in their lives. Colson doesn't have to think twice, "Only Sophie," he states so matter-of-fact. He's already planned for them to be married at 16, to live in Oregon and to have 4 children. I've explained to him that he must first ask Sophie's daddy if he would allow Cole to marry her. The very next time we saw Mr. Lohnes, Colson went right up to him. But instead of asking, he stated, "Mr. Lohnes, I'm going to marry Sophie!"
He has been most disappointed that her birthday came before his and took her out of the 3's room, where they first found love. However, Colson makes sure that he finds her every Wednesday night at AWANA Cubbies and gives her a huge hug.
Last Sunday morning as the boys were eating breakfast, they were having a hard time being kind. I reminded them that our family is where we learn to love and if we can't love one another then we can't learn to go out and love others. Kaden suddenly piped up with something I never expected to hear my 3 year old son say, "Yeah, Colson, then you wouldn't get to take Sophie on a date!"
This was obviously something Colson has thought a lot about because he immediately responded, "Yes I will! Cuz we're gonna go bowling, and I fink we're both gonna get a strike and Sophie will say, 'Yeah! Yeah, Cole!' Then my gonna take her fishing on a boat to catch lots of fish too!"
A bit later at church, Colson came out of his classroom holding this drawing and stating, "This is me and Sophie on a date! Where is she? My gotta go find her and give this to her!"
We searched the children's wing to no avail and Cole walked to the car with his head hanging low. "It's alright, Bud, maybe you can call her later and tell her about your picture," I tried to comfort. After naps, Cole had not forgotten my suggestion! "Can I call Sophie now?" He asked as soon as he rolled out of bed. Call her he did, and there were lots of giggles to be heard. For now, there is just one lady who has captured his attention. I look forward to seeing how long it will be, "Only Sophie!"
2 comments:
That's so sweet. Is Sophie returning Cole's affections? I like the part of his plan that has them moving to Oregon!
Sounds like we'd better be meeting Sophie next time we come! Dad B.
Post a Comment