Memories of her flooded my mind all day long - the moment we learned I was pregnant with her, the day we learned we were going to have a daughter, the day we were able to meet her face to face, bringing her home for the first time, first teeth, first words, first steps, the messes she made, the fits she threw, the fights she would put up at bedtime that made me cry nearly every night, feeling that we would never channel that strong will of hers, the way she loved meeting her brothers and bringing them home and caring for them, her curly red pigtails and big blue eyes, the way she mastered the "big potty" at barely 2 years old, her low gravely giggles, the way she loved to cuddle on the couch and stroke my cheek... I could continue forever. It is the ending of a season in my life and I will miss it!
However, the boys and I have been making the most of our time together during the day, and I'm all the more cognizant of making my moments with them count. I understand more fully how quickly it goes!
Some "Super Heroes" have taken up permanent residence in my home!
I feel quite safe as they are always protecting and rescuing me!
Kylee has started gymnastics and absolutely loves it!
She practices every day at home and has taken it quite seriously!
Colson and Kaden were so excited to pick up their Cubbies supplies at church and start learning their verses! They have memorized their first 3 and love looking through their books and wearing their vests every single day. I love to see their excitement!
On Friday, my friend, Amy, and I made a split second decision to run up to Cedarburg, WI to the McCain/Palin rally. It was really exciting to be there, but it would have been ever better had we been able to see the candidates. :O) They planned for 10,000... 30,000 people showed up! However, we made the most of the experience with all 4 of our boys in tow and were grateful we had such a fun adventure and made crazy memories!
I brought my blond haired, blue eyed little boys, and returned home with these 2!!
After an emotional week for me, and a really busy work week for Jim, he hired a babysitter and whisked me away for dinner and miniature golf. We had so much fun together! I love the man I married!
1 comment:
So glad to hear what's going on in your life. That's what I've always loved about you....you live your life passionately.
Post a Comment