Friday, July 13, 2007

Silly Sayings





Yesterday Kylee grabbed the inflator device we use to blow up swim toys and such. She set her foot on the air pump and placed the tube in her mouth. "I'm going to blow myself up so I can be big like my Daddy!"


Later in the day Jim was taking Kylee across the street to say hello to her friends. Cole started running after them and I said, "Cole, sweetie, you can't go with them. You're in your underwear!" "Oh, OK. I take them off, Mommy."


Earlier in the week I was taking the boys to a public restroom and suddenly Kaden realized something. "This the girls potty, Mommy! We not girls, we boyz. We both boys!" When did 2 year olds start caring about what restroom they were using???


The other day Jim was leaving for work and Cole turned around and said, "Ok, Daddy, you go make money!"


Ky asked, "How old are you, Mom?" "29." "Wow, that's a lot of pounds!"
Later I was looking in the mirror and she asked what I was looking at. "I just feel like I'm getting old," I replied. "Oh, old like the grandmas and grandpas (from the nursing home we visit)?" she asked. "Well, not yet, but soon, " I answered. "Well, we can put you in the home and come visit you!"


I was going to get new underwear for Kaden and asked what he might like. "On sale!" he replied. "What?!?!" I asked surprised. "Get ones on sale!" he repeated.


Kylee and I were singing a song about "storing up treasures in heaven". "Do you know what those are?" I asked her. "Yeah, that's showing God grace and joy and kindness and love!"


While he sat on the potty I gave Colson a children's Bible to read. He opened it and said, "Jesus is alive! Da king's coming back!"


After Sunday school, the boys ran out with their project bags. "Wow, what do you have in there?" I asked. "Jesus!!!" shouted Kaden excitedly.

No comments: