Thursday, November 15, 2007

Hairy Root Men

Things have been a little hairy in our household lately! First of all, Jim had a mustache contest at work, so for several weeks he grew a beard:

which he then shaved into a very interesting mustache just this week:

That mustache has been present for 4 days now. We had our first parent/teacher conference and went out on a date with that mustache. I was a little embarrassed! Our entire Sunday School class has been in on the contest, so I think after church tomorrow (where he can show the people who haven't seen it yet) it will finally be gone! Yeah! He did win 2nd place in the contest and got some nice prizes!

Part of the shaping of Jim's mustache was aided by new hair clippers and once I got those in my hands, I went at the boys hair. However, I think I was a bit too confident as I started on Kaden and it soon looked as though he had a few bald spots on his blond little head. In panic I called my sister, Brandee, who cut her own boys hair with clippers and she talked me through the process of clipper sizes, blending, etc. In the end, it wasn't perfect, but it looked much better than I thought was possible! It took me awhile before I had the confidence to start on Colson, so here he is with long hair sitting next to Kaden with short.


And, per Brandee's request, here are a couple more pictures of the haircut you helped me with across the country!! Thank you!


No comments: