marvelous time just being together, talking and sharing in life with one another. Every time I walk by the vacant guest room where they stayed the past several nights my heart aches a bit. I love the feeling of my home being full and it feels so much more quiet and empty in their absence. Though I wish I could once again pick up that sweet little butterball, Nathan, and snuggle him close to me, or stay up talking late into the night, I am just so grateful that I got the time with them that I did. Here are some pictures of our fun times together.
Paul, Nathan and Sheila
Kylee enjoying her cousin
Sweet, sweet Nathan (seriously the sweetest baby I have known!)

Dancing with my nephew

Sheila and her son

Ky tracing letters on Paul's back for him to guess
Funny faces at the dinner table
Paul and Cole hanging out together
Kaden instructing Cole on how to care for Nathan

Jim playing with Nathan

Sheila and Kylee making Indian fry bread, which Sheila learned to make from the Cherokee during her time in Oklahoma

The not-so-helpful helpers :O)

The yummy end product!

At the end of their time here, most all of us got sick. As Colson said it, "My heart hurts right here in my tummy!" We were exposed to the stomach flu by a little friend of ours on Thanksgiving day and 48 hours later everyone started hurting. For some it was worse than others... God seemed to spare the mommies so that we could be there to support our kids and husbands. Fortunately, it was a relatively quick illness and by Sunday we were on the mend! Still, I thank God for the time we had together. How I love the gift of family!
2 comments:
Tee- We had such a wonderful time with you guys. We love your family and enjoyed celebrating the holiday together. We really didn't want to leave on Sunday! Thanks for making it such a special time for us. I was cracking up at all the photos and memories. I still laugh when I think of Kylee leaving the teddy and blankets at our door to give to Nathan to sleep with. What a tender heart! Wish we could do these get togethers more often. We sure love and miss you guys! Love, Sheesh
Oh no! I didn't know that you were all sick during your time together! I'm so glad that it was only brief.
I am so glad that you all were able to be together!
Post a Comment