
They are constantly reminding me to live life to the fullest and embrace every opportunity. They laugh and play and love as if there's no tomorrow. Any person God brings into their lives they envelop with love, joy and excitement. I am so often taken aback by the many times they greet mere acquaintances with huge hugs and giggles. Of course, the receiver is immediately beaming.
They notice and enjoy little things in life that I would easily pass by - lady bugs, clouds moving in the sky, pine cones, sticks, stones, the plethora of colors and all sorts of animals.
They constantly remind me how important my job at home is. Even though it can be totally exhausting at times, the things I hear from their sweet mouths remind me that I could be doing nothing better with my life than being at home with them.
*"I got an owie Mommy, you kiss it?"
*"Mommy, I need you, you come with me?"
*"Mommy, will you still be able to hold me when I turn 5?"
*"Daddy make you coffee 'cuz he love you, but I love you too!"
*"My waited for you to come-ed for me."
*"Mommy, you can't go! I think maybe you have a temperature and need to stay home!"
*"Will you please wear this bracelet while you're gone so you won't forget me?"
*"You make dinner? I help you please?"
*"I sick, Mommy, you hold me?"
"I love you so great, Mommy!"

Lately, I've been amazed at Kylee's desire to talk about her faith without inhibition. I love that the fears that hold me back as an adult are no obstacle for her. She asks her teacher to pray for her Papa fighting fires. She tells her neighbors of her love for God, regardless of where they stand in their own spirituality. I love her childlike faith and pray for my heart to be more like hers!
And how is it that my young children are better teachers of forgiveness than I? Whenever there is an apology to be made, either on my part or theirs, my kids immediately answer, "I forgive you" and are hugging and playing again as if there had never been an insult. Why is that so hard for me to do?
My 4 year old has also been exemplifying compassion to me in extraordinary ways. She is the reason that we're going together to feed the homeless later this week. She continues to remind me to care for the orphans and poor and will talk about "the sister" she someday wants to adopt into our home and our family. When I asked her last night what she was grateful for, she stated, "My home and for the gifts that I could give to the little girl that doesn't have toys." Kylee could be the next national speaker for Operation Christmas Child (click here)

And lastly, on the days that my little ones are not flowing with love, joy and compassion, I am reminded of how weak I am in my own strength. I get frustrated, impatient, and grumpy. In this, I am reminded to turn to God to draw from His incredible power, to pray for His guidance and provision as I raise my children, and to focus on Him day by day by day.
No comments:
Post a Comment