
As I was putting on my lotion today, my memories were aroused by the sweet pea scent. Years ago (though it doesn't feel that long), I flew down to CA to meet Jim's family for the first time and had a beautiful bedroom awaiting me at his parents with fresh cut roses from the garden and a basket of sweet pea lotion, soap and bath gel. I remember how exciting that time in my life was - meeting and falling in love with the man I was to spend my life with. As I grew up I had spent so much time dreaming about and praying for "my husband"...what a blessing to finally know him, love him, dream with him and grow together in a relationship! I was so captured by him and praised God for the man of integrity, godliness, intelligence, patience, sensitivity and devotion He had brought into my life. What wonderful, sweet memories!!
Now, on the eve of our 6 year anniversary, I look at him with even more respect and love than when we began our life as "one". Our life together has not been exactly what we'd imagined - 3 kids in 3 years of marriage, moving away from all family, living in the Midwest - but we have grown so much through our experiences together and are even more in love than before. I am still very captured by him and I have every reason to continue to praise God for him every single day!
2007
1 comment:
Happy Anniversary, Terra and Jim!! We hope you have a wonderful day and that you get a chance to celebrate this special occasion! Love you guys!
Post a Comment