Thursday, November 1, 2007

Tender moments


Colson frequently calls his sister "my Kylee".

I had just reminded the kids to be grateful for the food they were given because there are many little children who do without. Kylee then decided to inform me that we needed to feed the homeless and care for children without moms and dads, right away!

Our pastor's wife shared that every day as her kids went off to school she said, "Remember who you are and to Whom you belong." So on the way to school I told Ky this and then asked her, "Who are you?" "I'm a Root!" she stated. "And to whom do you belong?" "I belong to Jesus!"

The kids were up well before the sun and while we sat eating breakfast, Colson looked out the back door at the dark yard and declared, "What a bootiful day!"

Kaden said, "When I grow up I want to be big like my sister so I can put shoes on by myself and big like Kylee so I can go to school!"


I had sat on the bathroom floor as I helped Cole use the potty and he said, "Mommy, please stand up and don't sit down because sometimes bafroom floors are messy and dirty!"

Kaden gave me a "surprise" (a toy car) and told me, "Ok, Mommy, don't eat it cuz you don't put trucks in your mouthez!"

Jim had taken the boys downstairs to clean up the mess they'd made in the basement. Kylee hurried after them, "Daddy, I can help! I am a good organizer, can I please help you clean?"

Kaden informed me, "We do not color on our buns. That will not be pretty!"


Jim and I waking up to the buzz of airplanes flying over our heads, under the control of our precious little boys who had clamored up onto our bed.

At bedtime, Kylee asked Jim, "Daddy, do you know what butterfly kisses are?" "No, I don't, can you show me?" Kylee held her daddy's face close to her own and brushed her lashes against his cheek.

Kaden had just woke up from his nap and noticed Ky's bedroom door was still closed. "Is the princess still sleeping?" he asked.

Kylee was in the bathroom and Jim knocked on the door. "Daddy, please give me privacy when I'm in the bathroom!" "Ok, Kylee, I just wanted to say good-bye because I'm going to Bible study." "Wait! Daddy, don't leave! I have to give you hugs and kisses!"

The kids got the mail with me and Kylee was excited to see Colson pull out the World Vision magazine. "Cole! Be careful with those children! They don't have food or toys or anything! Can I see it?" Colson gladly gave her the magazine and she plopped right down on the porch and looked through it, cover to cover.

1 comment:

Kristi Smith said...

I love hearing about these moments! What sweeties. And the pictures are great! They looked so professional in this entry. :-)