Sunday, December 30, 2007

Another day in Paradise



Most days in our house feel like anything but paradise! We are busy and things can get hectic and there can be many squabbles as our young children learn to get along and share. The song "Another Day in Paradise" has brought me many laughs along this journey of parenthood, as well as tears as it reminds me that this is the life I always dreamed about - being a wife and a mommy. As the chorus of the song says,

"It's OK, it's so nice! Just another day in paradise!
And there's no place I'd rather be!
We've got two hearts, one dream,
I wouldn't trade it for anything,
So I ask the Lord, every night,
For just another day in paradise!"

Yes, this is our paradise... our dream come true. Earlier this week, we had a day that actually did feel idyllic. We awoke to the usual padding of little feet down our hallway into our bedroom and got to spend some cuddle time before Jim took the kids downstairs. I had the opportunity to wake up slowly and talk to God as I enjoyed the sun shining through the windows, the brightness exaggerated by the white snow glistening on the ground and in the trees. As I got out of bed and headed to the bathroom I took in the view through the front window and was blessed by this sweet message from my husband:


It may be hard to see, but he had stomped, "I love you Tee" in the snow.

As I made my way downstairs, the aroma of freshly brewed coffee and sweet cinnamon rolls swirled about and filled my senses. I had already been given such a gift to have some time alone and with God that this action of love just overwhelmed me!



As I sat on the couch enjoying my coffee, warm cinnamon roll and the amazing view out the window, I had the privilege of watching the kids playing legos with their Daddy. This is a sight - Jim and the kids enjoying each other - I will never tire of!!

The view



Later we went outside as a family to shovel the snow away and enjoy a little outdoor activity! Beyond the shoveling, basketball and scooter riding seen here, there were snowball fights and lots of laughter! I was surprised at how feisty Laurie (Jim's mom) could be and shocked that Jim had never rolled snowballs to make snow men before! It was so much fun.







And after some great fun in the snow, it's always so nice to go indoors and warm up with a hot meal! The kids love to "help" cook, and with Kylee's new baking set, she has been very eager indeed! Though it can be a trial of my patience at times, I do really enjoy working beside her in the kitchen.






It is days like this that help me to hold on through others that are a little less like paradise. I have been blessed beyond what I deserve and I am so grateful! The family I have, the relationships we share and the memories we are making are meant to last a lifetime!

2 comments:

Kristi Smith said...

I'm so glad you enjoy your family! I sure enjoy reading about your family. ;-) BTW, those pictures of "the view" are absolutely breath-taking! Now I want to go somewhere where there is snow so I can take some pictures...

Jan said...

Hey Tee---Great looking cinnamon rolls. Can I come for breakfast?