One of the advantages to living in a place with snow is sledding!! I remember doing it as a child, but we usually had to drive about an hour to hit snow deep enough to sled in. Yesterday, Colson said, "Can we play in the snow? I love snow!" And after lots of bundling and a 3 minute drive we were at Wirth park and whizzing down the hill! The boys felt safest taking the hill with me, but Kylee was very brave and before long was jumping on the sled and flying past me on the hill!
I was so proud of my boys! They did so well hiking through the thick snow then tromping up the hill, over and over again. When they got tired, they'd lay in the snow and make snow angels. I loved watching them!
As I was capturing photos of my boys, I heard a shrill scream and looked over to see Kylee fly over a snow ramp! She caught some air, then flipped and landed straight on her forehead on the hard, compact snow. I was so scared and ran as fast as I could to scoop her up into my arms and hold her until she calmed. Of course I had to complete a neuro check to make sure she could move all extremeties and that her pupils were equal and reactive. Once I cleared her, she was ready to keep on sledding! I couldn't believe it! As we later walked back to the van she was so sweet to help Kaden make it through the snow when he got tired.
And my ever-adventurous daughter just couldn't pass up the playground as we were leaving! She asked the boys if they were up to it, and they were excited to try the teeter-totter, though the slide was "too messy" for Cole. We had never tried playing at a playground covered in snow before, but I think with my little trio we will be doing it again soon!
1 comment:
Terra, I love your nurses response to Kylee's tumble. I would check for conciousness, blood and maybe dizzyness... Your kids are blessed to have you! (And for many more reasons than your nursing skills.)
Post a Comment