Thursday, December 20, 2007

My Birthday Boys!!!



It is so hard for me to accept that my boys are three today. The time has flown! As we were celebrating this weekend at their birthday party, I was reflecting upon their life. I remember the excitement we felt when we learned we were pregnant, and the shock and surprise when we learned they were twins. And I will never be able to forget the emotional turmoil we endured during my pregnancy with them, as their lives were threatened and required frequent monitoring. Oh the joy and elation we felt when they were brought into the world alive and well!! Here's a rather long journey down memory lane....

The day of delivery! I was at 36 weeks and Kaden had stopped growing. An "urgent" C-section was performed.


The very proud Daddy!


I'm still getting stitched, but they let me see the boys before taking them away.


Kaden - 4 lbs. 11 oz., 17 inches


Colson - 6 lbs. 2 oz., 19 inches


My sweet boys, almost ready to come home!


Home at last!! They were 10 days old.


Resting together on my bed. Now, at 3, they still don't like to sleep apart.


My skinny Kaden! He was so scrawny!


Three months old and starting to fill out! (Colson - blue)


Four months old and starting to interact - so fun! (Kaden on right)




Five months old (Kaden - right)


Colson

Kaden

Colson


Six month old hams! (Colson-blue)

Kaden on left


Eight months old (Kaden dressed in green)


Ten months old (Colson in front)


One year olds (Kaden in green)


One and a half (Colson, right)


Two years old (Kaden, right)


Two and a half and potty trained! (Cole black dog)

Kaden on left


Three years old!!! They wanted to decorate their own cakes.
Colson

Kaden


Our life with twin boys has been crazy and hectic at times, but I will never forget God's faithfulness in giving us life together with them. They are such blessings to us and it is with great joy that we celebrate 3 years of full, active, eventful, adventurous, playful, incredible life with our boys, Kaden Thomas and Colson James.

3 comments:

jenny said...

Happy Birthday, Kaden and Cole! I always remember their birthday, because they share it with cousin Betsy!

Kate said...

We remember it too! Happy happy birthday boys! We're singing to you right now...

Kristi Smith said...

Happy Birthday to the boys! In some ways I can't believe they're already three! But then when I look at the pictures, I'm surprised that they're only three--they look older in some of their pics.

I love you Roots! Have a great Christmas celebrating Jesus' birthday! :-)

Kristi