Monday, December 3, 2007

I hope she will know Jesus

Since starting school, Kylee has been concerned for her teacher because "she hasn't told me about Jesus yet, Mommy!" Jim and I have had great opportunities to talk to her about a world that doesn't know God, yet desperately need Him.

Kylee asks frequently in response, "Like with Noah, when all the people turned from God except for his family?"

And we are able to explain just how similar the situation is, with the world wandering further and further away from the ways of God. But someday God will return for us who believe and bring us to live with Him forever! She gets very excited about this and loves to sing "These are the days of Elijah!" at the top of her lungs.

The other day she came home from school and told me about the Christmas books they are reading. She said, "But there are still no Christmas books about baby Jesus!" Again, we had a great talk, and then she set her mind to making a "real Christmas project" for her teacher. She cut out nativity characters from some wrapping paper I have, then drew a stable and glued the characters inside. She drew the star above and even a picture of Jesus on the cross.


"I want to give this to Mrs. Pyka for Christmas. I hope that she will know Jesus when I show this to her! Then, she can choose to follow His ways and go to heaven like me!"

My daughters' heart for the lost is a constant encouragement and inspiration for me. She did give the project to Mrs. Pyka and told her about all the characters within and around the stable. I have no idea what little seed may have been planted in the heart of Kylee's teacher, but I do know that as Kylee continues to follow God in sharing His incredible story with others that her life with be richly blessed and He will use her! I look so forward to watching Him continue to work in her life!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Me, too, Terra -- I am excited to see how God will continue to use Kylee! What a tender little (actually, very big) heart! Thanks for helping her to care so much for others!

Papa

Pands said...

love to hear about Kylee's tender heart. thanks for sharing! sheesh

Kristi Smith said...

Awesome! I'm continually challenged and encouraged by Kylee's compassion and boldness!