We had a fun filled weekend! On Friday night we started off by having two little friends over, Caleb and Allison Taylor, for a slumber party. We call these kids our "Wisconsin cousins" because, like us, they have no family close by and the kids love each other! In fact, all 5 kids and I were talking about having another slumber party next month and the Taylor kids agreed it should be for at least 10-20 nights. Kylee, however, wanted them to stay forever. When I told her their parents might miss them, she said, "Well, then, maybe just until we go to heaven!" I didn't get great photos of our time together because our camera battery was out for the evening, but I assure you it was full of dress up, legos, tea parties, dance parties and horse racing! Amazingly, the kids all went down without any problems! I was shocked.
When they all woke up at 7AM (shocked again, I expected little sleep), they jumped on the couch together and watched a video while I made a snowman pancake breakfast.
After breakfast we attempted to get all 5 kids bundled for a sledding trip with our Family Matters Life Group from church. It was a great time and the Taylor parents met us there and brought hot chocolate for all!! What a treat!
Kylee and Allison were the only girls there and everyone laughed at the way they were screaming the whole way down the hill.
Colson - so brave! He just kept going down the hill and hiking the sled back up, over and over again. Even after a couple falls, he just kept going.
Kaden with his Daddy - a little cautious at first, but more independent near the end.
And a rare photo of me with my dear husband
Sitting with the kids while they sip their cocoa
Helping Kaden cool his cocoa down.
"MMMM! Carrie make this! This taste like chocolate chips!"
Kylee was also a big fan - especially loved the marshmellows she got to sprinkle in.
Mom and daughter
We were sure grateful we got our sledding trip in when we did, because by Monday our world had warmed up and melted away almost all of our snow! It was incredible. The boys awoke in the morning to see grass and exclaimed, "It's SUMMER!" They were seriously ready to get out the slip-n-slide. Instead, we grabbed umbrellas and rain boots and ran around the neighborhood stomping in slushy puddles. We then called our neighbor girls over, Elizabeth and Anna, who came with us to the animal shelter to visit the animals and then spent the evening with us as we enjoyed popcorn and movies and another dancing party. What can I say, my kids have Berglund blood!
And as for our snow, we're expected to get another 5 inches tonight. Sorry kids, no summer yet.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Hi guys....
LOVED the photo of mother and daughter. LOVED the photo of Kylee whizzing down the slope with her little friend behind her on the sled. Loved the photo of one of the boys close up blowing on his chocolate. LOVED the photo of you and Jim. Great photos. Now I want snowman pancakes for MY breakfast this morning!
Post a Comment