On the way to school today, Kylee announced that she thought Jesus was coming back for us maybe today or tomorrow and that when she got to heaven she wanted to ride horses and touch the beautiful jewels. I should add that at this same time, she was also clad in her hello kitty sunglasses, because she knows that when Jesus comes back for her it will be "bright and shiny" and she wants to be prepared. Never mind that today in Brookfield it is overcast, foggy and dark.
Colson joined in the conversation and declared that he wanted to bring all his cars with him.
"Oh no, Cole, you can't bring anything with you! We won't need our things in heaven. But it will be more wonderful than here and full of animals and jewels and a lot of stuff there. And Jesus is making a home for us right now! We will live there when we get to heaven. It will be beautiful and we'll even get to see Jesus' face and hug him too!"
Then she got into all the challenging questions of how big and tall and old God is. And she can't wait to see what color his hair will be, of all things. We talked about heaven until we dropped her off at school, and she marched right in wearing those sunglasses. Surprisingly, she was still wearing them when I picked her up 2 1/2 hours later!
Need I say how much I love hearing my little girl dream about her eternal life in heaven? It is a gift beyond measure! The picture I have in my mind of my little girl wearing her sunglasses on a foggy, dark day will forever remind me to also be prepared for our King's return, and to wait with eager expectation!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Amen. Thanks for the lesson Kylee, and thanks for relaying it so poignantly, Terra.
I'll be smiling all day tomorrow as i think of little Kylee in her kitty sunglasses waiting for Jesus to take her to heaven so she can find out what color God's hair is!
Papa
Post a Comment