so excited!
finishing touches
and off we go!
the bun
the ballet bag
the ballerina in boots
tying ribbons
listening, learning and watching
first step - toe tap
dancing with the girls - heel toe
look at that concentration
freestyle?
first position with friend Molly
tippy toes
tondu
class is over!!!
Having danced quite seriously myself, people have always asked if I was going to put Kylee in ballet as well. I have always answered, "I don't know, we'll see if she's interested!" Well, today was the day that my Kylee took her first dance class - a combined tap/ballet class with 4 other little girls. From the moment I heard about it, I thought it was perfect. A Christian teacher with 4 daughters of her own who taught ballet classes in a room rented from a church. It was low key and nothing too serious. Kylee was so excited, of course, and surprised me at how quickly she caught on. I've never thought of my Kylee girl as graceful, but today, glowing in her very pink leotard and tutu with a face full of joy and determination, following the teacher's movements perfectly, she looked very graceful indeed. Way to go, little Ky!!
5 comments:
Oh Kylee, you look so pretty and i'm glad you had such a fun time! Suzannah's been asking to do ballet for a while so for her birthday we're going to start taking her to some classes. Do you think she'll like it?
Oh, Kylee girl, what a beautiful ballerina you are!! I wish I could have been there to see you learning to dance. It's great to see you having fun with your friends.
I love you so much,
Grammy
Kylee says:
Yes I think Suz will like ballet a lot. It will be fun and she will practice new stuff there too!
Grammy, Ballet was fun. I dance on stage May 8. Will you like to come?
Love,
Kylee
WOOHOO!!! A new generation of dancing begins!!! Kylee, you're a natural!
Papa
Tee, You are quite the photographer. How precious to see little Kylee all dressed up and excited for her ballet class. Lots of memories come back! Sounds like a wonderful environment as well! Love, Sheila
Post a Comment