Well, the sour part is that Colson woke up last night with a high fever and a "very, very hurt mouth", according to him. It was a restless night and early in the morning he also suffered another bad nose bleed. We eventually got the kids ready for the day, with lots of meds on board for Cole, and after dropping Kylee off at school, I took the boys to the doctor.
Then comes the sweet part. When the nurse called us in, she said, "So what brought you here today?"
Kaden looked at his brother and spoke up, "My brudder have a fever and a very bloody nose! He sick!" Cole just nodded with those droopy, sick eyes.
When we got in the room I lifted Cole to the exam table and Kaden immediately wanted to sit by his brother. As the doctor poked and prodded, Kaden kept asking Colson questions, "Does that tickle you? Do you hear that birdie sound? (the Dr. always makes bird sounds when he looks in ears) That hurt you?" We left after a diagnosis of strep throat was made and Kaden and Cole were both eager to pick out stickers for one another.
And the sweetness continued throughout the day with Kaden frequently asking his brother if he was OK, needed medicine or wanted a hug. It touched my heart so much. I suppose I'm used to my boys being looked after and protected by their big sister, but with her in school, my Kaden stepped up and looked after his brother. I hope that such a sweet, compassionate relationship continues throughout their life!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
It reminds me of when Brent hurt his chest playing outside and it was scratched and bleeding, and Bryce who was about 3 and a half came in with him from outside...he had his arm around Brent and kept saying "I hold you, brother. I hold you."
Yes, I pray they remain very close throughout their lives.
Post a Comment