With so much talk about Jesus dying on the cross and rising again, Kylee asked me if He had to die again for our sins. I carefully explained that He only had to die one time, but every year on Easter we celebrate what He did for us by dying and paying the price for our sins.
Kaden asked me if Jesus died for the Easter bunny too. Well, I reminded Kaden that the Easter bunny was just pretend, but Easter was about Jesus who died for us and is now alive! Even though I am not a fan of the Easter bunny (or his friend santa claus), I continued to answer many questions in regards to him and his relation to this precious holiday.
Colson told me on a few occasions that, "Jesus has 2 names, God and Jesus!" And Kylee, also understanding that Jesus was fully God, was perplexed by Jesus' statement that He was returning to His Father. "Jesus' Father is God, but Jesus is God too, Mom!" she stated with a furrowed brow. I can just see the wheels turning in her little head as she tries to figure it out.
And as we get excited for our kids to continue to learn the significance of Christ's death and resurrection for those who believe, Jim and I (on a lighter note) continue to wonder if we'll ever adjust to "spring" in Wisconsin:
1 comment:
Great photos, Territa! And LOVE the photos of outside on this blessed Easter. Snow and flowers struggling to pop up thru it all.
And I hear there is more snow expected this thursday and Friday. Happy Spring!
Post a Comment