Saturday, March 15, 2008

"Mommy! You have to share Aunt Bee!"


What a day to remember! Yesterday afternoon, the kids and I picked up my sister, Brandee and her daughter, Hailey, from the airport. We had a fun evening of catching up and getting to know the kids in their current, but always-changing stages. Last time we saw little Hailey, she was 10 months old. Now she is a walking, talking, feisty little 18 month old with pigtails! She is just adorable!

Well, today Jim decided to spoil my sister and I and we were sent out of the house as he stayed behind with all 4 kiddos. As we left, Kylee expressed her disappointment in our departure and I explained our need to have time together as sisters. Kylee looked downcast and stated, "Mommy, you have to share Aunt Bee!" It was so cute and I explained that we would certainly be back and that she would most definitely have time with Aunt Bee as well, and then we were off!

Our first stop was at a spa where Jim had arranged for us to have relaxation massages side by side. It was wonderful! Then we were off to my favorite Italian restaurant for some lunch and then off to the mall for shopping and a break for some coffee. The entire day was full of giggles and laughing, talking and tearing up and just enjoying each other and the relationship that goes back nearly 3 decades!!! We talked about the challenges and joys of raising our children and though we totally enjoyed the break from them, we were eager to get back to them and to be smothered by their hugs and kisses again, after 6 1/2 hours away!

We were so grateful to Jim for giving us this time to relax and enjoy one another and for doing a wonderful job with the kids while we were away. He is such an amazing, thoughtful, generous and understanding husband and I am blessed beyond belief that he is mine!

2 comments:

Jan said...

I am SO glad to see this photo. When I called yesterday, Jim said you were out with Brandee. I had wondered when she was coming. And then I thought "Oh, too bad they'll be so busy that she won't have time to post a photo for a few days or maybe even a week." What an absolute TREAT to see the two of you together. THANK YOU!

Anonymous said...

Way to go, Jim!!!