Monday, August 25, 2008

Crazy kids

I love to take photos of the kids and I'm always trying to get that "perfect picture" when each of them are looking at the camera and smiling nicely. That doesn't happen too often, as any of you who have photographed kids knows full well. However, I have found that some of my favorite, crazy, real photos happen when the kids are just being themselves - giggling or laughing hysterically, enjoying each other, and especially when they dress themselves! They might not be the photos I usually post or share with others, but when I see them I think, "Yep, those are my kids!"


At our foster family picnic, Kaden received a bag full of "got milk" paraphernalia and LOVED them... as embarrassing as it was. He would put on the cow hat and declare, "I'm a cowboy!"








One rainy day the kids came downstairs already dressed and asked to go on a rain walk. Because the baby was asleep still, we got to play just in the yard, but they still had a blast in their Hawaiian, cowboy, rubber boot attire.




1 comment:

Lou said...

I stumbled across your family blog somehow in the last couple of hours (got time as I've got a child home sick from school), and it made me smile. I'm the same with my 3 children - trying to get that picture perfect shot! It happens, but the goofy pics are always the ones that make my heart smile best.