Monday, August 18, 2008

Photos

Bringing all four kids with me on errands is not something I necessarily enjoy, but, at times, it needs to be done. On this particular day, however, it was my pure excitement that gave me the motivation to drag the kids with me to the Walgreens photo center. Our lifetime family friend, Jan Anderson, had taken some photos when we visited Oregon in June and I had several printed to frame around our home. I couldn't wait to see how they turned out! When I gave the clerk my name, however, I was surprised to get a furrowed brow in response. Then she cocked her head to the side, pulled my photos out and said accusingly, "Now these look rather nice, are they professional?"

I smiled innocently and said, "No, they were taken by a family friend, are they that good?" I tried to peek over the counter into her hands to see the photos, but I wasn't getting away that easy. She was still suspicious.

"They are very good, and I don't want to be dealing with a copyright situation here."

I assured her that they were not professional, that our friend was an RN and does photography on the side for fun, and I added that if I would be sure to tell Jan that her photographs were questioned at the counter... if, of course, I could only get them in my hand! The anticipation was mounting...

The clerk shuffled the photos through her hands one more time and stole another look at me as I struggled to keep the baby quiet and my kids from bolting down the aisle towards the toys. Whether she had compassion on me or truly believed me I'll never know, but I did finally make it out of the store with the photos (and all 4 children) in tow.

Thanks so much for taking the photos, Jan!! What do you think?


















8 comments:

Becoming a family of 4 said...

The pictures are beautiful and so is your family. I can see why the clerk did not want to let you out the store.

Teresa

Jon and Amy said...

That story made me laugh, Terra! The pictures turned out great! What a compliment to Jan! :)

Kate said...

jeust beautiful. i love the one of jimmy looking at you while youre looking at the camera. youare a beautiful family.

jenny said...

I've had the same problem before! It's very frustrating... but I'm glad you made it out with them. :-)

Kristi Smith said...

gorgeous! I'm definitely a Jan-fan. I've always wished my family had a Jan Anderson to take all those beautiful b&w photos throughout our lives! It's nice that they let you through. Once when I was at Costco with Amber they told her they wouldn't give her the pictures until she had a photographer's signed release. Luckily, I was the photographer and just signed all proud-like. ;-)

Bethany said...

What beautiful family pictures! How much fun!

Jan said...

Thanks Terra! When you called me to tell me this, I was smiling all the way to work. You made my entire month!

But remember you also got some great shots of the boys with the camera. Loved those!

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy to be able to see so many beautiful pictures of you and your family.

Love,
GG