Wednesday, August 6, 2008

My little hero





Yep, that's my guy. He bravely attacked the laundry basket and secured his "Rescue Man" outfit - my bright red tankini. Then, with great pride, he pulled the top over his head, crisscrossed the straps and poked his head through the leg holes, declaring he had a cape. With arms raised high above his head and muscles bulging, he told me, "I'm Rescue Man! I'm going to rescue you from all the mean guys, Mommy!"

And that he did! All afternoon as I cooked and cleaned and folded laundry my little hero would throw himself against me, clinging to my leg shouting, "I'll save you, Mommy!! I'll rescue you!" I'm not sure what I was being rescued from, but I'm sure it was something dangerous and life threatening. :O)

2 comments:

Bethany said...

OK... so I wish I know the boys well enough to be able to tell which one this is, but I'm just not sure. Was this Kaden or Colson? Your boys are so much fun. I met a mom and daughter the other day that reminded me so much of you and Kylee. I sure love getting to see your family and just wish I got to more often. I sure appreciate your blog and how faithful you are in updating it!

Terra said...

Good question - it's Kaden... definitely Kaden. :O) He's my funny, goofy, crazy boy while Cole is more careful, concerned, serious and responsible. I love getting to see your family as well and always wish it was more often than it is as well!! Please know that you are always welcome out here too if you ever desire a trip out to WI - we LOVE visitors!!! :O)