Thursday, August 28, 2008

The sun is setting on summer



The end of summer always brings with it a bit of sorrow. The long, bright days full of pools and popsicles, sleep overs and sprinklers, extended time with friends and family, camping excursions and baseball games are ending. We are now ushering in a new season, and I was acutely aware of it today as I saw the first glimpses of gold in the trees above. Sigh.

Autumn is my favorite season, but with my daughter starting kindergarten (sniff sniff) and the cold, long Wisconsin winters that follow such a glorious time, I find myself cringing just a bit. "No, not yet! I'm not ready!" I want to cry, as if time will stand still just for me :O)

But, since I can't extend summer any longer, here are some wonderful memories that I am so grateful for:


Off to the pool










Foster family day at the baseball game






Sprinkler park with friends






Sleep overs!!






Relaxing around a campfire







Fudgesicles!!


Ky loved her swim lessons!







So long, summer!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yes, I agree, the end of summer is not something I've ever looked forward to -- as much as I enjoy the fall. Something about returning to school and schedules and routine....but, really, it's a beautiful time of year if we take time to enjoy it -- which I know you will!
Papa B.