My sweet Cole has been so precious with the baby. Here I found him singing songs about Jesus. Any time the baby gets fussy, Colson will run to him and find a toy for him to play with.
A frequent question of concern for Colson is, "When is Jesus coming back to get us?" When I tell him that we don't know when He will be coming for us, he says, "It's taking too long for me!" As I see all the pain in the world, and watch the deterioration of values and morals in our culture I, too, eagerly await the arrival of my Savior!
A frequent question of concern for Colson is, "When is Jesus coming back to get us?" When I tell him that we don't know when He will be coming for us, he says, "It's taking too long for me!" As I see all the pain in the world, and watch the deterioration of values and morals in our culture I, too, eagerly await the arrival of my Savior!
My Kaden has decided this summer that he adores his mommy. Not a day goes by when he doesn't run and embrace me and say with a huge smile, "Mommy, I love you and I'm going to marry you!" I just love it when he catches me off guard and whispers those sweet words in my ear.
This summer, I have found it invaluable to teach my kids to "be still" before the Lord. It is so hard to do in this culture (I have struggled miserably myself at doing so consistently, and am taking action to change that) and I want them to learn while they are still young. So nearly every day, the kids and I have "worship time" where each one takes a turn choosing a worship song from the web. Most of the time we close our eyes and either fold or lift our hands. I love seeing my kids worship the God who knows and loves them!
Once during one of these worship songs, there was a video that showed a bloodied Jesus on the cross. Kaden was shocked and asked me, "what is happening to Jesus?" I explained that he was dying on the cross. He replied, "No, he can't die! We need Jesus to go to heaven!" It was a wonderful opportunity to talk with my son, once again, about not only Christ's death, but also His resurrection.
And Ky, my sweet little servant. I have been touched by her tender heart so many times. Just last week we were praying for our friend, who is also the children's ministry director at church. At the beginning of the school year with many new programs starting up, she has a lot on her plate. After finishing our prayer, Kylee said, "Mom, if Ms. Becky is so busy, we need to go to the church and help her! Go on, Mom, call her cell phone!" So I did, and what Ms. Becky told Ky she needed help with was cleaning the refrigerator used for the Upwards Soccer ministry. "Alright, Mom, let's go!" So we changed into cleaning clothes, gathered up the boys and headed off to the church. Each of the kids grabbed a spray bottle and a rag and cleaned for a bit, with Kylee staying the longest to finish up the job. I was so touched by the way Kylee's heart for others, once again, drove her to action.
There was another precious time when we were driving and I heard Kylee telling her brothers, "I hope that someday I can go to Africa and give baby dolls, horsies, dress up clothes and doll houses to some little girls who don't have any. I have lots of that stuff that I don't play with all the time, so I can give it to them!" I love her heart to give to and serve others - it's so pure and unadulterated by all the logistics that get in my way of "doing" so often. I do hope that we will have a chance to get our little girl (and her family!!) to Africa someday.
There was another precious time when we were driving and I heard Kylee telling her brothers, "I hope that someday I can go to Africa and give baby dolls, horsies, dress up clothes and doll houses to some little girls who don't have any. I have lots of that stuff that I don't play with all the time, so I can give it to them!" I love her heart to give to and serve others - it's so pure and unadulterated by all the logistics that get in my way of "doing" so often. I do hope that we will have a chance to get our little girl (and her family!!) to Africa someday.
No comments:
Post a Comment