Tuesday, April 9, 2013
a dad who stays
Little B and I were eating lunch together while the littlest 3 rested and she looked at me with a quizzical brow and asked, "Is Mr. Jim coming back tonight?"
"Yes, he is, after he is done working."
Again thoughtful and pensive, she went on, "Does Mr. Jim come home every night?"
Smiling I replied, "Yes, he comes home every night, except when he has to work far away for a little bit of time. But when he's done, he always comes back home."
Eyes wide, B continues, "He always comes back home?"
To think that this is a mystery to this precious little girl just breaks my heart.
"Yes, baby, he always comes back home to his family. He isn't going anywhere else."
"Wow!" she states, shaking her head before taking another bite.
Trying to act matter-of-fact I asked her what she thought about that.
"I think that's nice; very nice," she replied with a smile and then continued on with her sandwich.
In her world, and so many other little ones like her, a dad who stays is an unknown. I thank God that for this time, He has given her a dad who is steadfast, a dad who is faithful, a dad who is committed, devoted and will never leave. I am so thankful that Jim is willing to love her this way. Though she has been given this daddy for just a short amount of time, I pray passionately that she will know her Father, who will be with her always, to the end of time; the kind of Dad who stays.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Goosebumps. Yay for Daddies like Jim who show their children what our heavenly father's love is like. So glad B has been able to witness that.
Thanks for blogging again. ;) Loved this so much.
Post a Comment