"Oh, Mommy! Isn't that a beautiful forest with that pretty water?"
My 5 year old is an optimist. When I see the so-called forest I think 'bare', 'dead' and 'dull'. And the water? I would describe it as murky and swampy. It is a view I have seen in our backyard for the last couple weeks as the snow has melted and we are still awaiting even the tiniest sign of green life sprouting from the naked, brown trees. But, for Kylee, as we rode our bikes down the road she was amazed at the "beauty" of the forest. How could 2 people look at the same exact thing and have such differing viewpoints and observations? I loved her view better. It reminded me that though many times in my life I feel lifeless and lacking in fruit, the God who made me can look at me, love me tenderly and still find me beautiful and purposeful to Him. He can see what He's doing in my heart and what I can become. And if He can do this for me, I must remember that He does this also for others.
Thanks, Kylee, for this reminder, as well as the many other lessons that you teach me every day in this journey of life. I am so blessed that God placed you in our family.
Thanks, Kylee, for this reminder, as well as the many other lessons that you teach me every day in this journey of life. I am so blessed that God placed you in our family.
2 comments:
And WHERE, Miss Terra, do you think she GOT that perspective? It's from you!
WHO is that beautiful grown-up young woman in the picture?
Dad B.
Post a Comment