Friday, April 25, 2008

When life gives you a rainy day....

... find a puddle to splash in!!!



Today was a wonderfully wet, stormy day in southern Wisconsin. I am one of those who is thrilled by thunderstorms... and we get great ones out here in the Midwest!! So, the kids and I spent the day watching the darkening sky, waiting excitedly for bolts of lightening and crashes of thunder. We watched from the front porch, and then from the open garage, until the winds whipped the rain inside and drenched us. We took a total of 3 walks today, 2 of which were taken in rain, and we loved it!! I think my nature-loving self is rubbing off on the kids. The rain smelled wonderful, and I realized as we walked today just how much it made me think of "home".


kaden playing and singing in the rain


the kids walking in the puddles


I loved the single file line :O)


Of course... we have to search for wiggle worms!


Oh, how I love you guys!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your love of life!
Dad B.