Saturday, April 19, 2008

I think my heart might burst!



There is just something about spring... warmer temperatures... new life budding about everywhere you look... breathing in fresh air.... kids excited to be outdoors once again... I could just go on and on!! You just can't imagine how much we enjoy and appreciate spring after spending the past 4 1/2 months in snow and subzero temperatures. It is so invigorating to feel the comfort of warm sunshine on your face after months of fighting off bitter cold wind gusts, and to be able to dress in one layer of clothing rather than 5, and for it to take just moments to get the kids out the door and into the car with the need for bundling abolished! Neighbors are out walking, bike riding and visiting with one another and it is such a wonderful, warm feeling.

On one of our own outings about the neighborhood, I felt that my heart might burst with pure joy as I took in the smell of fresh, spring air mixed with the aromas of backyard barbecues and walked beside my 3 year old boys as they rode their little red bikes down the street for the first time. They were so very proud of themselves and continuously looked up at us from beneath their helmets with sparkling eyes and broad smiles stating, "Watch me! Look at me! Do you see me?" Kylee patiently circled around them on her own bike and Jim and I gently instructed them to look ahead, steer straight and keep pedaling as our little family made it down the road and back home. I was very proud of the boys and amazed at how quickly they are growing up. But, mostly, I felt so blessed, so grateful and so full of joy.




The gorgeous spring weather has allowed us to have many more opportunities to be outside enjoying God's beautiful creation. We just can't seem to get enough and are outside as much as possible!!

the kids chasing birds


Daddy and Cole playing baseball


the boys "fishing for killer whales and dolphins" at the lake


When the boys aren't riding their own bikes, they get pulled along in the trailer


Kylee loving the swing!!


another day at the park


Kylee helping Colson get started


at Daddy's baseball practice


the boys live for Daddy's baseball season!!


After all that play time, you can be sure that good rest is in store! The boys love to jump into bed and snuggle with us in the morning, but on this day they were quickly asleep again!



1 comment:

jenny said...

Oh I know what you mean!! I'm feeling that way here in Kansas and I haven't even been covered in snow! But living in Minnesota for 4 winters definately gave me a HUGE new love for spring! Isn't God wonderful!?