Colson
There's a reason for all those big smiles... we've had two full days of 55-60 degree weather and we're loving it!!! We've been outside as much as possible riding bikes, playing ball, cleaning the garage, digging up worms and doing yard work. The kids have had so much fun running around playing with one another and rolling around in the grass getting dirty. And the amazing thing to Jim and I is that they are getting along so very, very well!! I think they must have been suffering from a little cabin fever lately and it appears the outdoors and the fresh air have cured it!
Kaden setting up for a swing
Kylee and her "pet" worms
Kylee is a little princess, but she is not afraid to get dirty!! She was so excited to find wiggle worms as we overturned the soil and quickly had a squirmy, slimy handful of them. She got the boys in on the adventure of finding them... but then they were all hers. She would hold them close to her face and say, "Oh, you want to get down in the dirt? Well then, you must say please." She would then do as they 'asked'. She had 2 worms get married, with all their friends in attendance and she talked to every single one. "Mom, can I take them inside and keep them?" she asked as we were tidying up to go indoors. I assured her that worms were happiest in the dirt and talked about God's purpose for them there. "OK," she said hesitantly, then placed them back on the dirt, followed by blown kisses and 'I love you' signs with her hands. It was hard for her to depart her beloved worms, but she eventually did so and joined the family for dinner.
The boys were pretty adorable too. They communicate so very well with one another and I love to hear their little 3 year old voices engaged in conversation. Here Kaden is trying to convince Cole to come and play ball with him, while Colson is quite content using the mini-grill utensils as bowling pins. Eventually, they happily tromped off to play ball. Kaden's negotiating skills must have worked.
We are so thankful that God provided us with such a beautiful weekend to get outdoors and enjoy the family He has blessed us with as well as His beautiful creation!
5 comments:
LOVE!!! the top photo of Kaden!!
I'm so happy that your snow has finally melted!
When I first opened up your blog, I saw that picture of Kaden grinning and oddly enough he looked so much like a little Jim to me! I can't figure out what feature(s) make me think so, but it's true.
I love the recounting of Kylee and the worms!
Thanks, Kris. Everyone here says the boys look so much like Jim. Lately, they've wanted to wear their hair in spikes just like Daddy, too, so that even enhances their similarities. :O)
Jim's mom says the same thing about them... like having a little Jimmy all over again. How fun!!
With respect to familial likenesses, my main thought was that Kylee loves worms like Terra used to love spiders! I don't remember any spider weddings, though -- but I believe there were spider babies!
Dad B.
Post a Comment