Monday, February 11, 2008

"I wanna love like Jesus!"



One recent morning, we were sitting at the breakfast table and Kaden announced that he loved Jesus. I reminded him of just how much Jesus loved him too, to which he replied, "Yeah, today I wanna love like Jesus!" He immediately jumped out of his seat and began giving hugs to his sister and she gleefully returned. Throughout the day if Kaden started acting a little less than Christ-like, I would remind him he wanted to love like Jesus today. He would then throw a smile on his face and say, "See my face? I happy like Jesus!"



2 comments:

Kristi Smith said...

Wow! I wanna love like Jesus, too! Terra, did you want to come to Portland and hang out so you can remind me when I'm failing? ;-)

Terra said...

Wish I could but I fail all too often myself!! I wish I could flash a smile and "be happy like Jesus" as easily as my kids can! Doesn't always work, of course, but I'm always surprised at how easily they can do it when changing my own attitude can take so much time!! :O)