There is no doubt that we are having our share of snow this season!! I think that the snow fall this year has been near record breaking, and it just doesn't seem to be stopping! On Wednesday, the entire city of Milwaukee and surrounding areas were shut down because of up to 2 feet of snow fall and wind gusts - basically a BLIZZARD! School was canceled, work was canceled and you get to hang out at home all day long! Early in the morning before the heavy winds swept through SE Wisconsin, the boys and I ran out to play in the snow and ride up and down the street on sleds. They have really grown to love the snow this season!
Here's Cole enjoying the snow


The snow was too light to be pack-able, so here's our silly snowman's profile. I was quite surprised that Colson grabbed a clump of snow and added it to the top our our snowman's head stating, "Here is the cheese head!" Only a Wisconsin kid!!! :O)


The snow was falling pretty hard and fast so I didn't keep the camera out long. Here's Kaden peering out from his hat and scarf.




The snow was too light to be pack-able, so here's our silly snowman's profile. I was quite surprised that Colson grabbed a clump of snow and added it to the top our our snowman's head stating, "Here is the cheese head!" Only a Wisconsin kid!!! :O)
The snow was falling pretty hard and fast so I didn't keep the camera out long. Here's Kaden peering out from his hat and scarf.
When we came inside, the boys played for a bit and Jim attempted to get a little work done from home. Imagine that in the middle of our family room!
Kylee drew this cute picture before going outdoors to play with the neighbor girls, who then came in for a blueberry pancake and hot cocoa lunch and stayed through the afternoon.
I got a bit creative with dinner and decided to go Hawaiian with a toasted almond and coconut chicken over a bed of greens drizzled with pineapple vinaigrette.
Jim and I had to shovel a few times throughout the day to keep the snow from piling up too much. Fortunately, we received sympathy from some of our snow-blowing neighbors who came over to help. Here's what it looked like at the end of the day.
5 comments:
Wow! That is a lot of snow! I love the picture that you took from down low on the sidewalk with the walls of snow on either side. BTW, your hawaiian dinner looked so good I think I'm going to go find myself some breakfast!
woweee!! it's almost like a fairytale! i can't imagine actually living in the snow, fun to visit, but to live in it is another thing entirely! you guys are amazing. (p.s. today we are all in shorts and tank tops with 75 degree weather. we went in the water a little bit too! sorry!) your dinner looks amazing! can you please email the recipe? thanks.
omigosh! I can't believe how much snow yall have. I love your posts and I can't wait to see you soon! Love, Sheila
omigosh! I can't believe how much snow yall have. I love your posts and I can't wait to see you soon! Love, Sheila
Holy COW!!! What a pile of snow. Pretty soon the house windows will be covered! Yikes.
Post a Comment