Great Adventure by Stephen Curtis Chapman
Started out this morning in the usual way
Chasing thoughts inside my head of all I had to do today
Another time around the circle, try to make it better than the last
I opened up the Bible and I read about me
Said I'd been a prisoner and God's grace had set me free
And somewhere between the pages it hit me like a lightning bolt
I saw a big frontier in front of me and I heard somebody say "let's go"!
CHORUS:
Saddle up your horses we've got a trail to blaze
Through the wild blue yonder of God's amazing grace
Let's follow our leader into the glorious unknown
This is a life like no other - this is The Great Adventure
Come on get ready for the ride of your life
Gonna leave long faced religion in a cloud of dust behind
And discover all the new horizons just waiting to be explored
This is what we were created for
CHORUS
BRIDGE:
We'll travel over, over mountains so high
We'll go through valleys below
Still through it all we'll find that
This is the greatest journey that the human heart will ever see
The love of God will take us far beyond our wildest dreams
Yeah... oh saddle up your horses... come on get ready to ride
The words and music to this old Stephen Curtis Chapman song have been filling our home, hearts and minds lately as we've prepared to become a foster family. The kids love to gallop around the house like horses as they belt out the chorus at the top of their lungs. It seems to be an applicable song for us as we begin our new adventure, into the great unknown of foster parenting. We look so forward to seeing how God works in our lives and transforms our family through the process! Today, after all we've done to be cleared as licensed foster parents, we passed our home inspection and study!! There is nothing for us to do, except wait for them to complete our paperwork on their end and then wait for our license to come in the mail. We are ecstatic! Here's a little bit of our journey:
The boys at the doctor getting "cleared" as foster brothers. And what great big brothers they will be! Yesterday at MOPS Kaden said he didn't want to go in the 3's room, but in the baby room instead. I reminded him he was a big 3 year old and not a baby, to which he replied, "No, Mommy. I want to help with the babies! I can feed them with bottles!"
We now have a total of 8 smoke detectors in our home!! No fires will escape our attention here!
All the safety locks and outlet plugs are now installed! It was the kids job to find all the outlets that needed covering and they loved their job! Now, in public places they point out all the uncovered outlet plugs with great concern.
The boys showing off our escape ladder and fire extinguisher #2
Here is our fire evacuation plan that had to be created and posted. When I told Kaden we needed to do this in order to have babies in the home, he told me it was "too high for the baby to see!"
So, now we're ready to start the new great adventure. The kids are so excited that every time I tell them the social worker is coming they ask if she's bringing a baby. The process is just taking entirely too long for them, though the social worker says we've completed the process in record time. We'll keep you posted!
6 comments:
hey swee-tee, thank you for all the hard work you have put into making us a foster family. you've been amazing through the entire process and now it is finally here. yahoo!! i love you more than you know and i look forward to navigating these uncharted waters with you and our family. i'm so proud of you.
love,
jim
Wow! I am so excited for you guys. Tracy gave me your blog address and I spend hours yesterday catching up on what's going on in your family. What a blessing it must be to see the Lord working in the lives of your children so vividly.
Teresa
Wow, you guys are on the ball. this is going fast... i think you have past us up! way to go! we'll be praying for you!.
We are celebrating with you at your exciting news! Praise the Lord, things went through so smoothly! Your family will be such a blessing to the little children God brings your way. Love, Sheila for the Gundies
Hey, T-and-the-Roots!
Here we sit at an internet cafe in Venezuela, laughing with tears in our eyes as we think of little Kaden worrying about the baby not being able to read the fire exit diagram because it was posted too high on the wall! Way to involve your kids in the whole process, T-Girl! (PS 2d try to post a comment. Please feel free to delete if it ends up posted twice.)
Love,
Mom and Dad B.
Okay, I had NO idea you guys were doing this - HOW GREAT!! You know my heart for the fatherless and I'm so excited for your family!! Welcoming a child into your heart that you didn't give birth to is the most amazing experience in the world and I am so proud of you for stepping up to answer the call of James 1:27!! GO ROOTS :0)
Loving the fatherless for the Father, Stacey Gresbach and gang!
Post a Comment