Friday, February 8, 2008

Sweet-N-Silly Sayings

This morning Kylee buried herself in Jim's shirts hanging from the low bar in his closet. "Ky, what are you doing in there?" I asked. "I just like to be in Daddy's shirts because they smell like him and I love my Daddy!"
*****

As Kylee and I talked through the morning, she said, "I don't know what we're going to do with Colson. He screams all the time!" I have been having a particularly difficult time with Colson lately, as he seems to fall apart emotionally at the tiniest thing. He's wearing my patience thin! Always up for fresh ideas on discipline, I asked Kylee what she thought we should do when Cole screams uncontrollably.

"Well, we could find him a new mommy!" She suggested. I disagreed with that one and reminded her that we need to love people even if they're acting difficult to love, just as Christ has done for us. "Maybe we should call SuperNanny, Mom!"

*****

At the breakfast table, Colson thanked Jesus for his breakfast and Kylee immediately went into action, "You know, Cole? Jesus died for our sins and if we ask him into our heart, he'll come any time!" Even if Colson wasn't paying attention, I sure was!! I love hearing my daughter talk about her faith and to watch her grow in her understanding! I asked her if she remembered what happens after we received Christ. She answered, "Yeah, He lives inside us and helps us to be kind and good and loving!"

*****

We made our monthly trip to the nursing home today and I was surprised at Kaden's tenderness towards the elderly. We've been visiting for nearly 3 years now and I've always hoped that the kids would develop a sensitivity and love for the elderly and widowed. Well, today was the day! As soon as we arrived, I was hanging up the kids coats and I turned to see Kaden standing next to an elderly, wheel chair bound woman, holding her hand! He looked up and smiled at her, then continued to stand beside her, his little fingers wrapped around hers. Later the kids made valentines for the residents and as he passed them out, Kaden patted each person's hand and arm, looking into their eyes and smiling. I pray it will continue!

*****

We were playing in the basement playroom on a "fort" that Kaden and Kylee had made under the basketball hoops. Kaden suddenly got up and decided he wanted to shoot hoops instead. "Kaden, you can't do that!" Kylee cried, "you'll hit us with the ball!" Kaden's response cracked me up. "No, Ky Ky, you be OK. God is always with you!" I was glad to hear he was getting part of the lesson we've been teaching him!

No comments: