We had a few adventures with broken garage doors, a few snow storms (having to shovel alone was not fun!) and sick kids (it's inevitable that the kids get sick when Daddy's away). But other than that, the kids got along really well with one another which is always a blessing!! I knew that our little family was being prayed for because our time was relatively smooth despite the excitement we experienced. I love knowing that God is working in my life... this week He gave me a sense of patience and strength that I do not possess alone!! It was wonderful welcoming Daddy home!
Ky taking in all of Daddy's attention


Colson just collapsed in his Daddy's arms

The kids wouldn't leave his side

Everyone wants to be with him

The "men" making a fire (Cole and Daddy)

All 3 "men" observing their fine work

Kaden sneaking in some extra hugs
Colson just collapsed in his Daddy's arms
The kids wouldn't leave his side
Everyone wants to be with him
The "men" making a fire (Cole and Daddy)
All 3 "men" observing their fine work
Kaden sneaking in some extra hugs
We also had a big surprise for Daddy upon his return! After shoveling all week alone, I realized what a chore it is and decided it was time to purchase a snow blower for my husband! It has been a long time since he's allowed us to spend money on him, so we used Valentines Day as our excuse and the kids were filled with excitement as they helped me set our plan in motion! Kylee was so excited that she called Grammy and Poppy (Jim's mom and dad) to tell them with her reason being, "Daddy always does so much for us and works so hard that we wanted to do something for him! And, it was on sale!" Yes, my little girl knows I am a bargain hunter!!
2 comments:
Oh Tee... in case I haven't told you--I LOVE your blog!
I love getting glimpses into the wonderful craziness of your family life! I love reading about your creative and intentional parenting techniques. I love hearing stories that reveal the tender hearts of your children! I love reading humorous quotes from them that make me giggle! I love seeing how God is working in their little hearts, and in yours as well. I love how you build up your husband and share the ways God has blessed you through him. I love hearing about the love Jim and you share with your children which is such a beautiful picture of God's love for us.
Most of all, I love the way that you all love one another so deeply and that in love for one another you point each other to Jesus which compliments and enhances your familial love instead of detracting from it.
Thanks for writing. And thanks for being willing to share your love with displaced children! It makes me so happy to know that there's a family like you that is willing to embrace and care for a foster child.
Oh, Territa and JIm...what precious photos and reminders of how much Daddy is missed when he's away! Love the photos!
Post a Comment