Sheila, Terra, Brandee, Chelsea
I was away at my first women's retreat this weekend and it was a wonderful time!! There was a group of sisters leading the worship and several other mother/daughter and sister/sister sets and I was surprised at my emotional response! I realized just how much I missed my own sisters and how much I would love to do something like this with them! The real kicker for me was when we were having personal reflection time and the pianist played, "How Beautiful" by Twila Paris. It is a song that my older sister and I had choreographed a dance to for a church production, and later both of us had the song in our weddings. Tears fell freely from my eyes as I remembered my sister and the depth of love, commitment and devotion that existed with her. We had almost always shared a room and it killed me when she went away to college. Though I could sometimes be an impish little sister, I looked up to her and secretly wanted to be like her! Now, we are thousands of miles apart, but my love for her and her precious family will never fade!!My younger sister also came to my thoughts quite frequently as our church made it possible for several missionary women, who were either on furlough or serving state-side, to attend the retreat. Each missionary woman got up front and shared and each one had a heart that seemed to resemble the passionate heart of my little sister, who will be leaving next year with her husband and little boy for Indonesia to be church planters with NTM. As the women shared of some of their experiences on the field, I couldn't help but think of my sister and her family and all that they soon will experience. Now, they are just a few states south of me, but starting next year they will be on the other side of the world. I will miss them so very, very much! I have always loved her heart for the Lord and the times we have together to talk deeply and worship together, as well as have fun and giggle the way girls do.
And I thought a lot about my baby sister as we studied the book of Jude. Though she knows of the Lord and His word, truth and salvation, her choices have lead her far from the victorious life she could know in Him. My heart breaks for her and I can do nothing but pray that she will learn to live, choose to live, an obedient, abundant life in Him and be forever changed!! I love her so much, and know that God loves her even more!! She captures all our moments together on film and has a laugh that cannot be ignored! She also has a precious little son that I will get to meet soon!! I can't wait!
Sisters are such a wonderful gift, and I love mine so very, very much!!
Chelsea, Terra, Sheila, Brandee with Connor


1 comment:
I love these photos. I know the one when you were kids was taken when Chelsea was 3.
Post a Comment