Where on earth do the Roots have to go??
To the Twin Cities - for cousin Betsy's graduation from Northwestern University.
It was a 5 hour drive and all 4 kids did great!! The baby slept the whole way (besides a stop for a feed/diaper change, etc.) and the kids slept, sang, colored and played the hours away!
We were amazed!!
It was a 5 hour drive and all 4 kids did great!! The baby slept the whole way (besides a stop for a feed/diaper change, etc.) and the kids slept, sang, colored and played the hours away!
We were amazed!!
Kylee posing at the hotel entrance - the sun was bright!!
This was their first time in a hotel and Kaden walked in with arms wide open and declared,
"This is our room! This is AWESOME!"
But even more awesome than the room was the pool, which we quickly made use of!!
The boys waiting for Daddy to come so they could jump into his arms.
(my jumping photos were blurry!)
The boys settling in and unpacking their toys.
It was strange for us to all be in the same room at bedtime. All 3 boys were out pretty quickly, but Kylee had a hard time falling asleep. She was VERY talkative and kept Daddy and me laughing much too late into the night with her questions, comments and antics.
We awoke Saturday morning and were off to a restaurant, then returned to try and get an early nap from the kiddos before the 2pm graduation ceremony. The boys drifted off for a half hour or so, but it was certainly not enough. Even though I was very nervous during the ceremony and kept very busy just trying to keep the kids entertained, they really did pretty well. Of course, the lollipops from Aunt Donna really helped!
This is the only photo that turned out from the ceremony, but I like it. Aunt Donna offered to hold Colson during the song and he was very glad to accept. Too cute!!
Betsy, the graduate, with big sister, Kate
Jim catching up with cousin, Greg (whom Kylee adored!!)
Betsy with proud beau, James
The busy graduate taking time to say hi to the baby. So sweet!!
The boys kept busy splashing around in the fountain.
Kylee doing the same
After the ceremony we went back to our hotel with the family and read stories, ate cookies and played baseball. It was wonderful to catch up with family that we love so much, but get to see so little. Kylee was really taken with Aunt Donna and was amazed at how much she looked like and sounded like her Grammy, Donna's sister. Because Ky loves her Grammy so much, she took to Donna right away! I loved that she, Uncle Jim, cousins Kate, Greg and Betsy all took the time to play with and get to know our kids. It meant so much to us!
Uncle Jim and Aunt Donna treated everyone to a lovely dinner!! Again, a fun time of fellowship and celebrating Betsy's graduation. Here, Uncle Jim is feeding Kaden some dessert!!
The time, of course, felt much too short. Because the kids were quite a bit tired, we chose to have a quiet Sunday morning of rest before checking out of the hotel and heading on our way. Again, it was another amazing 5 hour trip and we sang about 1000 rounds of "Down by the Bay". We did stop just once, and were so excited to find this incredible steam engine and train cars. All the kids were crazy with excitement to play around the train before the final 2 1/2 hour stretch home.
Good-bye for now!!!
Congratulations, Betsy! And thank you for giving us a reason to travel and celebrate with family!
Congratulations, Betsy! And thank you for giving us a reason to travel and celebrate with family!
7 comments:
Oh Terra, it was wonderful to spend the day with you and your dears. The pictures turned out great! Thanks for posting. I loved talking with you and it was an encouragement for me to see you being such a wonderful mommy to your children. We were blessed to be with you. I'm glad to think that we might see you at Christmas time. Until then the blogs will have to suffice. :)
Beautiful pictures! I wish wish wish I could have been there with you all! I love how Kylee loved my mom... every time those sisters get together, we're amazed at how ALIKE they are! :-) Miss you all!
Terra,
I'm so happy your trip went so well. God is faithful!! These pictures are great... looks like the kids had a blast and I know your time with all the Jeffreys had to be rich. They are such a great family.
Love you and talk to you soon...
Mom R.
p.s. Happy 30th tomorrow!!!
Kate - I agree that it was wonderful seeing you and spending some time talking. You're right that seeing each other (and families) in person is so much better, but I am grateful for blogs that help to keep us updated in the meantime! You are an amazing mom and I loved how you were with all 4 of our kids. Thank you. I can't wait to hear updates on the newest baby in the Hasson household! What a blessed little baby!
Jenny - Oh, I wish that you were there too!! Seriously, I thought many times how wonderful it would be to have you and Andy there as well. It seemed like not that not too long ago we were there with you as the graduate!! Now you're married with a baby on the way!! You will also be an incredible Mom and I look forward to "seeing" you in action (I hope you will continue to have time to write on your blog - always fun!!) We will be in CA for Christmas, will you be there? Oh, I hope so!! :O)
Mom - love you too! Look forward to talking soon! :O) Thank you for your prayers for our trip!
Happy Birthday, Terra!!
Happy Birhtday Terra! Hope your day was fun!
hi terra, what a great blog of journaling your road trip. we are honored to be a part of it as well. well before i go on let me say , HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!
hope it was a very sweet day for you. loved seeing you and the fam this last weekend, what a gift!
Post a Comment