Isaiah 40:28-31
He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak.
For even youths grow tired and weary, young men stumble and fall.
But those who hope in the name of the Lord will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles.
They will run and not grow weary.
They will walk and not be faint.

Enjoying some quiet time singing and dancing in the back yard with no idea anyone is watching.

He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak.
For even youths grow tired and weary, young men stumble and fall.
But those who hope in the name of the Lord will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles.
They will run and not grow weary.
They will walk and not be faint.
Enjoying some quiet time singing and dancing in the back yard with no idea anyone is watching.
This past week was a tough week. We were busy with foster care classes, several appointments for our baby, hospital courses for me, and some big house projects at home. I found myself dropping my kids off at friends homes so that I could tend to the baby and the many obligations that go along with foster parenting him, and sometimes having other kids dropped off at my home to be watched (to my surprise!). By the end of the week I felt so tired... emotionally drained... and exhausted. As I looked back on my week I understood why God declared it so important to REST!! It was as though my value of living simply was abandoned altogether ... life became chaotic and I was crumbling.
So, Saturday was declared a day of rest for the Roots. We had nothing planned and refused to answer phones or door bells. We stayed in our jammies until late morning and enjoyed time together at home. God blessed us with a beautiful day!! After dinner we went on a bike ride/walk to the park and were able to laugh and play and roll down grassy hills. It was an amazing day, and by the end I did feel as though God gave me the strength to soar again!
So, Saturday was declared a day of rest for the Roots. We had nothing planned and refused to answer phones or door bells. We stayed in our jammies until late morning and enjoyed time together at home. God blessed us with a beautiful day!! After dinner we went on a bike ride/walk to the park and were able to laugh and play and roll down grassy hills. It was an amazing day, and by the end I did feel as though God gave me the strength to soar again!



No comments:
Post a Comment