Thursday, May 1, 2008

A quick update

Happy May!! The sun is shining, flowers are blooming and it's a happy day in the Root house! I was crying tears of joy today as I prayed with the kids on the way to drop Ky off at school. We are richly blessed and everyone is adjusting well! Our newest little man was a little trooper last evening as we had our last busy Wednesday night at AWANA's. I think we wore him out! :O) After an hour of screaming last night from 9-10pm, Jim and I exchanged nervous glances, realizing that sleep just may not happen for us. But, he fell asleep from 10pm to 4:30am! After a quick feed and diaper change, he went back to sleep for another 2 hours and was so very sweet and smiley this morning. The kids have, so far, responded to him exactly as I have hoped and prayed. They are very concerned about "our baby" and love to talk to him and try to make him smile. Kylee loves to hold him and feed him bottles, singing "Jesus loves you, this I know". She didn't get to do her hair exactly how she had hoped today, but we got to talk about making sacrifices for the sake of caring for the precious little boy placed in our home. Jesus has made the ultimate sacrifice and anything we can do for Him is worth it!! She agreed, although I think we'll all need reminders of this throughout the process! :O) During his 2 hour morning nap (I'm feeling a bit spoiled!!) I got to do a little nesting ... bottle sterilization, sorting clothes and finding ones that fit him, laundry, etc. We are off to a great start, and God is so good!!

4 comments:

Kristi Smith said...

yay!

Anonymous said...

Hey Terra,
this little guy is so blessed to be allowed to be part of your family! Am praying for you all as you make the adjustment to an 8 week old.
love you lots,
peggy

Jan said...

Exciting times at the Root house! So happy to hear about your new adventure. And hope that little fellow continues to sleep well at night.

Amy said...

I think you need to give him a nickname or code name or something - like "Baby A" or Baby 1 :)
Excited for you,
A.