The boys were dead set on bothering Kylee and her friend today. They get so excited with guests in the home that sometimes they can get a little ... annoying. So, I gave them strict orders to play in the basement or in the family room with me while the girls were upstairs doing "girly" things. They obeyed for awhile, but then managed to sneak their way up the stairs whilst mommy was on the phone. Because we take disobedience very seriously in this home, both boys received spanks, followed by this conversation:
me - "Boys, what does Ephesians 6:1 say?"
both boys in unison - "Children, obey your parents in the Lord for this is right."
me - "Well, are you a child?"
Kaden - "Yes, we are both childs!"
Colson - "But we did not obey!"
me (struggling to hide giggles) - "And why do you think it's OK to disobey?"
Kaden (very theatrically) - "Because we just forgot, Mom!"
Colson - "I think we should pray that God will help me to be a better boy and not be naughty!"
Kaden (immediately closing eyes, bowing head and grasping my arm) - "Dear Jesus, please help me to be thinking about udders and not waste so much time finking about myself so that I can fink about udders instead. Amen."
Colson - "Dear God, thank you for my home and my mommy and for food to eat and for a Bible so I know how to live. Please help my ears to hear better so that I can listen to mommy and obey her and be a better little boy and not make bad choices. And thank you for my comfy bed too! Amen."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Thanks, T! We look forward to praying with your boys and Kylee in a couple of weeks! Papa and Nana
So sweet!
peggy
Post a Comment