The question always makes me a bit nervous, because my boys don't necessarily like to be called "twins". They prefer to be referred to as "brothers", "the boys" or their first names, and are not afraid to tell people so. It started at 2 years old and only recently will they not act mortified or offended if people call them twins... thankfully.
Today, however, Kaden said, "Yep, we're twins."
The bank teller then asked, "Who's older?" Silly question, I think. Apparently, my boys do too.
"We're the same age - we're both 5!!" Kaden states seriously.
"Well, one of you has to be just a bit older, right?" she continued.
Colson catches on and explains, "Well, Kaden came out first, but I'm bigger 'cuz I stole all his blood."
Laughter breaks out not only from the bank teller, but also from the line behind us. I try to briefly explain Cole's prime location on the placenta, but it really didn't matter. Smiles and laughter abounded in the building thanks to my boy. :O)
****
During gym practice, the coaches were assessing an issue one little girl was having on Ky's team. One coach stated, "I wish we had a doctor or something who might know what this is for sure."
My sweet Kylee thought she could be helpful and offer my services, "Well, my mom's a doctor, want me to get her?"
They decided they really didn't need a doctor, but thanked Kylee for her offer. It wasn't until later in the evening while we were home doing homework that Ky told me about her conversation with the coaches. Jim and I laughed and then explained that there was a big difference doctors and nurses.
"Well, Mom is smarter than some doctors though, right, Daddy?" That's my girl! :O)
My sweet Kylee thought she could be helpful and offer my services, "Well, my mom's a doctor, want me to get her?"
They decided they really didn't need a doctor, but thanked Kylee for her offer. It wasn't until later in the evening while we were home doing homework that Ky told me about her conversation with the coaches. Jim and I laughed and then explained that there was a big difference doctors and nurses.
"Well, Mom is smarter than some doctors though, right, Daddy?" That's my girl! :O)
****
After Biblestudy, as I usually do, I asked the boys what they learned in class. Kaden pipes up right away, "We read about when Jesus told his disciples that he was going away to another country."
"Oh really?" I ask and smile, knowing full well that Jesus was telling his disciples of His departure to heaven. "What country was that, Kaden?"
"Oh, man, I can't remember. I don't know all of the countries from those Bible days, Mom."
"Oh really?" I ask and smile, knowing full well that Jesus was telling his disciples of His departure to heaven. "What country was that, Kaden?"
"Oh, man, I can't remember. I don't know all of the countries from those Bible days, Mom."
2 comments:
Cute stories. I'm glad you're writing them all down. About the twin thing, Travis ALWAYS says he has a brother, rather than a twin. Once we were at a friend's house for dinner and they were asking about Trav's family. Trav said he had an older sister and a younger brother! Trav is older by 6 minutes. He likes to let everyone know he's the MIDDLE child. Always makes me shake my head. :-)
I love boys. My nephew, Bryce, who is Chinese, ten years old and "all boy" told my sister yesterday. "Mom, I don't have periods and don't have to have a baby. Hum...(Pumps his fist in the air) DOUBLE SCORE!!!
Ya gotta love boys. They have such a different perspective on life than what I'm used to (being around the Bergies, the Pricers and my own sisters.)
Post a Comment