Monday, March 29, 2010

come again?

After using the bathroom at the center where our baby has visits with her parents, we were returning to the lobby to wait when I heard Kaden's familiar voice behind me ask the receptionist, "can I empty your garbage?"

When she looked at him confused, he continued, "Yah, well, we were in the bathroom and the garbage is really full so I want to empty it for you!"

She let him... and then he went ahead and cleaned the play room for them as well. :O)

****

"How was school today, sweetie?" I asked as Ky got in the car after school.

"Good, Mom. We had library today, but I was totally a browser!"

"What??"

"Oh, I have 2 books to turn in, so I could only browse today."

Right. Got it.

****

As I was helping the boys into the bath this morning, I noticed several scratches, scabs and bruises on Kaden. "Goodness, Kade, what happened to you?!?"

"Oh, yah, I just like to hurt myself a lot of times by falling down so that I can learn how to be tough. So, I make myself fall down and get hurt and try not to cry. And I don't!"

Never heard of such an exercise. Must be a guy thing?!?!?! Is this normal?

****

I overheard the boys talking as they dressed in their room, "Hey, we almost look like twins!" Colson declared as he assessed their similar outfits. Maybe not that funny, kids say that a lot, I know, but I don't think I've ever heard my identical twins say that to one another before.

1 comment:

PapaNana said...

As you know, we've been appreciating your posts. Please tell Kaden we're proud of him for being so helpful. And we're very eager to see ALL the kids -- however many you have in the house while we're there.

Love,

Papa