Sunday, March 14, 2010

too cute to forget


Colson is into trucks lately. His favorite this week is the Ford F150. And wouldn't you know it, in the middle of Cabela's today was a huge Ford F-250!!! The boys went nuts! They got into the truck and explored, which was a dream come true!! When I opened the back cab, Colson surprised me by declaring so very excitedly, "Oh yah - and this is where my kids will ride!!!" Not something you normally hear from a 5 year old boy, I don't think.

"Your kids, huh?" I question him, "How many kids do you think you'll have?"

"Oh, three," he states very matter of fact, as though he's planned this for ages, "An 8 year old girl and two 5 year old boys!"

"Really?!? And do these children of your's have names?" I ask curiously.

"Yes, Caitlyn with a 'C' for the girl and the boys will be Tommy and Joey - twins like me!"

***


As I was trying to respond to some emails I was oh-so-late at responding to, Kaden came up to me, all decked out in army attire, and asked, "So, Mom, do you want to have fun with me or do you not want to have fun with me?"

Hmm. There is no choice. We spend the next hour running around playing "army man" outside - throwing sticks, running, yelling and kicking trees.


***


Colson found a pair of boots he hadn't worn for awhile and wanted to wear them. As I helped him tie the laces, he informed me, "These are my workin' boots. I wear them when I'm doing work in the bushes and stuff."

"Really? What kind of work do you do in the bushes?" I am curious.

"Oh, well, I cut down trees and things."

***

Kaden has started to figure out his plans for his future. He told me today what that consists of:

"When I'm 29 I'm gonna play for the Milwaukee Bucks. At 39 I'm gonna coach the Packers. Then, when I turn 49 I'm gonna join the army, but I'll have to say good bye to my kids and that will be sad. But, I only want to be gone 3 times. And when I'm 69, that's when I'll be a missionary pilot in Africa."


2 comments:

Papa said...

Pickups and cuttin' down trees, huh? That ain't no environmentalist you're raisin', is it?! I like to wear my boots when I'm ridin' around in my pickup and cuttin' down trees, too -- but I don't usually KICK the trees! Thanks for sharing these precious moments. Love, Dad and Mom B. in Merida

Peggy said...

Hey Terra,
So, I'm behind on your blog but I enjoy it so much. Sometimes while reading I have tears rolling down my face - sometimes from laughter, sometimes from the beauty and preciousness you are sharing. You are so good at expressing yourself and this is a precious memory you are making. Thank you so much for allowing me to be a "virtual" part of your kids' lives. They are a great example to me so many times. What a great job you and Jim are doing!
Love you,
peggy