Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Fall Day on the Farm



I thought I was taking photos of our time at the farm, but little did I know that every "photo" (except the last) was actually recording sound! That said, we had a fabulous fall day!! I love this season - it is my favorite of them all and yesterday was the perfect example. The air was fresh, crisp and cool with a slight breeze. There was a golden glow to the sunshine and the trees were just starting to change into their brilliant fall colors. As I walked with the kids in the neighborhood, we decided it was just too perfect a day to hang out around home. I threw chili into the crock pot and we jumped into the car and drove to the closest farm, where we'd picked strawberries earlier in the year. The kids picked out pumpkins and lollipops while I selected deep red mums and a caramel apple. We enjoyed the corn stalk teepee, feeding the goats and shopping for produce in the country market before loading back into the car. I had bought some dried corn stalks for decorating the porch, and it was very interesting getting them into the van with the kids...they were covered in corn stalks! But, in the end, we had a wonderful, adventurous day together full of fresh air and we now have a brightly decorated, festive front porch full of plump pumpkins that the kids endlessly reposition to decorate to their liking. We thank God for all the beauty that He allows us to enjoy!

No comments: