Monday, September 3, 2007

Ready or not...





Wow. The day has come. We just picked out first-day-of-school clothes and set them out for tomorrow, decided what I would make for breakfast in the morning and tucked my little girl into bed. This is the first of many, many school nights. Kylee can't wait - I don't think she'll sleep well tonight due to her excitement. Her mommy, on the other hand, is still filled with trepidation. The time was too short. Have I done well with what little time I was given? Have we played hard enough and laughed wildly enough? Have I told her enough how much I love her? Suddenly, on the eve of her first day of school, all the "should haves" are flowing through my head. I should have been more patient, I should have not become upset at all those little mishaps, I should have spent more time playing rather than trying to get so much done, etc. Oh how I will miss my little girl each and every weekday morning! No more lazy days where we don't get out of jammies until noon. No more grazing through the morning hours until lunch time. No more staying up late with mom and dad because she can "just sleep in tomorrow". We are now entering a new stage of life where we will have to be more scheduled and prepared. We will have time constraints and vacation restrictions. I don't know if I'm ready for all this change yet, but ready or not, here it comes. My little Kylee girl is starting school!!

No comments: