


This evening marked a moment that I will remember all my life long. Jim was running errands with Cole and I was organizing Ky's room as she and Kaden played together. Suddenly, Kylee said, "Kaden, I need to read my Bible to you."
"OK," Kaden replied, in his typical manner.
"Do you know Jesus, Kaden?" Kylee asked him, "You need to know Jesus so that you can go to heaven and that's why I need to read my Bible to you!"
"OK, let's read Bible," Kaden agreed.
As my two little ones climbed up on the bed together with Kylee's Bible in hand she continued, "The Bible teaches us about Jesus, Kaden, and that's why He wants us to read it. Do you know He died for your sins? Yes, He did because He loves you and all His little children! See, right here," she said pointing to a picture in her Bible of Jesus surrounded by children, "here's Jesus with all these little children!"
Kylee continued to go through her Bible and show Kaden pictures and tell him stories about the people in them. "Kaden," she said when she was through, "You really need to read the Bible so that you can know Jesus. But you don't have a Bible, so I want to give you my other Bible from when I was a little girl. It is a picture Bible and it's got lots of pictures in it. I want you and Colson to share it, OK?"
"OK, we share the Bible," Kaden said and nodded as Kylee climbed down from the bed, found her pink picture Bible and placed it in Kaden's hands.
"Here you go, brother." Kylee gave her pink baby Bible to Kaden, then took her newer big girl Bible and put it back in her book basket. My mommy's heart is forever touched by my daughter's concern for her unsaved brother. I pray that I can be more like her!!
No comments:
Post a Comment